Limelight Theatre Company is a community theatre company based in Carterton with the aim of promoting theatrical arts in the Carterton district.
Carterton Little Theatre was founded in 1948 by Canon Stent, it evolved into Carterton Amateur Dramatic (CAD) in 1952.
A 1983 fire destroyed the Belvedere Rd premises and Phoenix Theatre Wairarapa Inc. arose and relocated to Holloway St.
2011 saw Phoenix Theatre’s premises demolished to be replaced by the Carterton Events Centre which was built for the whole community and incorporated the Library, Information Centre, Plunket Centre and other community facilities, as well as a 300 seat auditorium where productions could be staged.
It was also given a new name – Limelight Theatre Company Inc.